JULY 1ST, 2018

KEEPING MY JOY

Philippians 3:1-11

1. Review

Our level of joy can fluctuate with events in life. What increases your joy most? What event in your life has challenged your joy most? How did you protect your joy or recover your joy in that challenge? What is your greatest distraction to joy currently?

Stabilizing joy is possible, but adjustments need to made. What are some easy adjustments that can be made in order to stabilize joy in your life? What are some more difficult adjustments that can be made? (religious rules and regulations? Preferences?)

Read Psalm 28:7 Use this verse to point out who God is to those who trust in Him. What does trusting the Lord produce in a believer? What are some verses you rely on to accomplish this in your life?

2. Assess

Read Philippians 3:1-7 Work through this text, focus on verses 3-7. What will the flesh do to our joy? Paul was religiously right, theologically trained, passionate about his stance and blameless according to religious norms. But he counted all those things as loss. What do you find hard to let go of to just simply cling to Jesus and leave self behind?

Read Philippians 3:8-10 What do these verses mean and how can you apply them to your current situation? What part is Jesus playing in your life daily?

Philippians 3:10, I want to know Jesus. The word know means to personally experience, it is more than intellectual knowledge. How are you experiencing Jesus in your life?

3. Apply

What adjustments can you make this week to experience freedom and fullness of joy in Jesus?

Take time to pray for one another regarding the answers to the above questions.

5 Day Reading Plan

As you read these verses, take time to meditate on each one.
Also use the questions below to help apply it to your life.
1- What have I learned? (Observed / interpretation)
2- How will I respond? (Application)

Day 1 - Philippians 3:1-7
Day 2 - Philippians 3:8-11
Day 3 - Psalm 94:17
Day 4 - Philemon 1:7
Day 5 - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18